Saturday, March 23, 2013

Divergent and TFiOS casting news!



 Theo James is Four in the movie version of Divergent

Author Veronica Roth's response:
"Recently I saw Theo James' screen test with Shailene Woodley, and I was sure within seconds: this was ‘Four,’ no question. Theo is able to capture ‘Four’s’ authority and strength, as well as his depth and sensitivity. He is a perfect match for Shailene’s incredibly strong presence as Tris. I’m thrilled!"
via veronicarothbooks.blogspot.com

Shailene Woodley is Hazel in the movie version of The Fault in Our Stars.

Author John Green's response:
"Shailene Woodley loves The Fault in Our Stars. She really does, and in her audition, she just was Hazel—at least to me... her commitment to the book and deep understanding of Hazel make her the perfect choice."
via fishingboatproceeds.tumblr.com

I don't believe I have seen any of Theo James' other work, so I can only respond to how positive Veronica Roth was about his audition... and I'm excited. ;) I look forward to seeing Shailene in both Divergent (as Tris) and TFiOS. Can't wait to see who will be cast as Augustus.

Because it is impossible for me to stop geeking out about all things Divergent-related, check back for a more in-depth Divergent casting post coming next week!

What are your thoughts about the Divergent and TFiOS movies so far? Will you be first in line for tickets? For other movie and TV adaptations in the works, check out my previous blog post: YA books on the big (and small) screen.