Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hunger Games party photos

Saturday, March 17 Hunger Games fans gathered in the Meeting Room to celebrate the movie heading to theaters. Teens answered trivia questions, talked about the book and their favorite characters, and played a couple games. I also gave away two Hunger Games READ posters plus lots of buttons and pencils!


Mockingjay cookies


Games:







Prize table
Katniss pencil holder (made out of old DS cases!)
Peeta pencil holder
Cinna pencil holder

Each teen at the party filled out a entry form to win one of two Hunger Games READ posters. Each entry had a question they had to answer. Here are how they answered the two questions (SPOILERS AHEAD!):

Which scene/s from the book are you most excited to see translated on the big screen and why?

"I'm just really glad to see The Hunger Games on the big screen in general. I can't wait until all three of the book series are movies. I hope the movies are as good as the books." -- Austin

"The dead tributes becoming mutations at the end of the games because I think it would be cool." -- Jocelyn


"I am excited to see the part when Peeta Mellark confesses his love for Katniss Everdeen. But mostly when they start fighting in the arena. And when Peeta betrays Katniss." -- Jennifer

"We haven't seen Katniss's dress from the post-games interview yet, and I really liked how that was described in the books. So I'm looking forward to that, I guess. And, well, all of it. Maybe Rue's lullaby as well, because I saw that Prim would be singing it as well and all of those stills we got can lead me to a single conclusion: this will be all emotional and likely flawless." -- Lexi

Which character from The Hunger Games trilogy is your favorite and why?

"My favorite character is Katniss Everdeen. She is my favorite character because she is determined, fearless, kind, and mostly because she is brave." -- Jennifer

"Katniss because she's so strong and care more about others than herself." -- Jocelyn

"My favorite character is of course Katniss. She is the strongest in the series and she influenced everyone she met that wasn't for the Capitol." -- Austin