Sunday, January 12, 2014

Online Photo Editing for Teens


If you enjoy taking pictures and want to learn how to make those photos even better, come to our Online Photo Editing for Teens program on Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 7 p.m.

I will introduce you to a few free, easy to use photo editing sites that will allow you to make awesome photos and graphics. Transform photos for birthdays, holidays, any celebration, or just for the fun of it. Create amazing collages and graphics to use on blogs and other social networks. I promise warn you, once you start on one photo, you won't be able to stop.

In this post I'll share a few examples of how I transformed my own photos. Here is a picture I took of Cinderella Castle at Disney World:

Here is the picture with the added radiance effect from PicMonkey:

Here is a neon version of the castle, an effect available on FotoFlexer:

One of my favorite effects, Pop Art, also from FotoFlexer:

I don't know if you can tell, but I love chipmunks and squirrels. As a result, I have tons of photos of grey squirrels, black squirrels, red squirrels, white squirrels, and nutty chipmunks. I had fun adding overlays and text to my photos, with the following results:


For this photo I used overlays from PicMonkey's Celebrate theme, and added the birthday message at the bottom. I know what you're thinking. I can add tiny birthday hats to chipmunks and other small mammals?! Best news ever! 


I first created a collage of this adorable red squirrel in PicMonkey, then edited the collage using the Sweethearts theme. I added heart bokeh, a few heart graphics, a banner, plus text.


I also created this collage using PicMonkey (obviously it's my go-to site for collages). I opened a couple photos I had already edited, and then inserted them into a FB Cover layout. I decreased the size of the margins as much as possible, and made sure the photos were centered in each of their respective slots. Once I was happy with everything, I saved the file, and then uploaded it to my Facebook page as my cover photo!

I will show even more effects and helpful tips on these sites on Tuesday. Registration is open to grades 6-12 for this program. If you cannot make Tuesday's session, we will hold a second session on Tuesday, February 4.