Monday, July 18, 2011

Favorite characters in the Harry Potter series

At last Wednesday's Harry Potter party and viewing of Part 1 of the Deathly Hallows, teens shared their favorite characters in the series. Luna Lovegood (played by Evanna Lynch in the movies) was the most popular character; she was voted the favorite by 4 people.

If you have not read all 7 books or watched all the movies please note this SPOILER ALERT! if you do not want to know about major plot developments!

"My favorite character is Sirius Black, because I always love a good mischief maker. I loved every scene he was in, so I was pretty upset when they cut his character so much out of the fourth movie. And when he was killed off, I was practically speechless. It seems like every character I like in a book has a nasty habit of dying. Still, I've enjoyed his character until the bitter end." -- Stacy

"Luna because she is funny but she doesn't know it. Also she thinks gnargles are in mistletoe. Also when she wears shoes to bed because she sleepwalks." -- Olivia

"Luna Lovegood is my favorite character in the series because she's very intelligent. Not in the way that Hermione is, but very wise. She isn't in Ravenclaw House for nothing, you know she's very wise and confident, unaffected by what others say, but still very happy to have friends." -- Lexi

"Dobby, he is hilarious, I like how he talks in a third person point of view, and he is as cute as a button!" -- Chris

"Luna because she is funny and smart and not afraid to let people hear what she thinks and doesn't care what others say about her." -- Haley

"My favorite character is Hermione because she is smart and cool." -- Elitania